Sunday, November 22, 2009

Lookbook

In this Lookbook segment, I will take one item from Starplaza and show you all the various ways that you could wear them and incorporate them into your wardrobes. I will always give at least three looks that will hopefully inspire you when making your outfits. In this lookbook entry, I used the Bisou Checker Skirt. I also decided to use Miss Sixty's new Classic Hats. I used all three of the new colors to make these ensembles.
Look 1:
Bisou Checker Skirt
Miss Sixty Classic Hat Black
Bisou Stretch Jeans
Fallen Angel Tube Top
Rio Wide Buckle Belt
Bisou Checked Clutch Purse
DKNY Open Toe Ankle Boots
-
Look 2:
Bisou Checker Skirt
Miss Sixty Classic Hat Pink
Basics Coral Tube Top
Miss Sixty Button Up Vest
DKNY Frilly Layered Skirt
Bisou Embellished Belt
Rio T Strap Sandals
-
Look 3:
Bisou Checker Skirt
Miss Sixty Classic Hat Yellow
DKNY Heart Bustier Top
Miss Sixty Wide Sash
Rio Wide Buckle Belt
Baby Phat Casual Loafers
Bisou Purse Inspired By Dolce & Gabbana
-
Look 1 is a very youthful, going out style. This is a perfect teenage look because it is trendy, but does not show too much. I used the skirt with Fallen's Tube top to create a new top that I draped over a pair of stretch jeans. I added a clutch and open toed ankle boots for some flair. The look overall is very chic. Look 2 is a fun, rocker outfit for the girl who loves to rock, but wants to stay girly at the same time. I used a button up vest to add that rocker edge that I wanted. This edge definitely complimented the styling of the hat in this outfit. I topped the look off with an embellished belt to bring all of the pieces together. The 3rd and final look is the most like my personal style. I love to accentuate the waist so that is exactly what I did with Miss Sixty's Wide sash. I put a belt on top of that to extend the sash. DKNY's heart bustier top is perfect for adding that pop of color that can take an outfit from ordinary to extraordinary.
-
Share:

11 comments

Chicago3 said...

I am also writing for the blog and doing fashion posts, but I never thought of something like this. I love this post!

victoria0926 said...

I love your writing style. It is absolutely fabulous. I would definitely want someone like you to put my outfits together. You have impeccable style and taste. I'd love to see more of your work on Stardoll's Most Wanted. If not, make your own blog and I would be happy to spread the word about it on mine.

Anonymous said...

Love Love Love
Those outfits were so classy!
Great writing style and you have an awesome sense of fashion!

ADJAJA/Anna said...

Adrienne,

This is like a re-do of your Stardoll Gossip Mania. I don't read both because they are the same!!

Talia said...

Adrienne

You cant use same material on 2+ blogs it boring and silly.

Adrienne-Miranda said...

I'm not using the same material on two blogs because I changed the segment up and I don't write for stardol gossip mania anymore. making outfits is what I do best and no matter what, people will see similarities. also it is interesting to see that the only negative comments come from other contestants in the comp.

And adjaja, people in the fashion industry make lookbooks all the time. Its not like I was the first to ever do anything like this. I don't know about stardoll, but I definately wasn't the first in real life.

Heart Newbridge said...

I agree with Anna.

I know that people do lookbooks all the time, but I don't know if Jenna wants to see these kind of posts on her main blog. Stardoll's Most Wanted is mainly about hotbuys and designer-inspired items.

You should see the previous posts and Jenna's comments on them.

<3

ADJAJA/Anna said...

Adrienne,

Even though I am a contestant I don't deliberately hurt another's chances, and if you think I'd do that then you honestly don't know me at all.

Also I think you are an amazing writer, but I don't want to see what has already been done before, even if you yourself did it.

And another thing, this is not the "fashion industry," this is merely a replication of it via pixels. That's why this is different. It's not the same if someone like Tavi started doing lookbooks, because stardoll isn't the quite same thing as street fashion or celebrity fashion.

x

ADJAJA/Anna said...

It's okay to make outfits, but I want to read an original, meaning haven't been done on STARDOLL blogs before, idea from /you/ that embodies you and changes with you when you come onto a new blog...

-Anna

Adrienne-Miranda said...

I wasn't saying that this was the fashion industry. I was simply stating that lookbooks are made often and they are used to show fashion. I want people to focus on the fashion that I made, not the way I presented it and that is all

Adrienne-Miranda said...

and adjaja sorry if you feel that I was attacking you, I was just trying to clarify. I just don't want there to be any confusion on my intentions here

© PRACTICE BLOG | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig