Saturday, November 28, 2009

How To: Incorporate the New DKNY Into Your Current Wardrobe

With new fashion comes new decisions. When the DKNY line came out, girls rushed to the plaza to buy the clothes but had trouble using the clothes in original ways. I will show you 5 steps to taking those DKNY items and fitting them into your current wardrobes and I will show you how to use these items effectively.

Step 1: Be Aware Of Silhouette - When you buy an item, think about the different shapes that you can create with it. Think about what would compliment the body and what is the best way of doing so. When you have an idea of this in your head, creating an ensemble becomes much easier.

Step 2: Add Contrast - If you have a very loose item, it can create a very interesting look by using fairly tight items to compliment it. Adding contrast is a subtle way to add drama to your outfits. It will emphasize the statement pieces and let them stand out even more.

Step 3: Think Outside The Box - Try to use the designer items in new ways that you didn't think of before. Since Stardoll is two dimensional, you can use items in ways that you never could in real life. Creativity takes center stage here.

Step 4: Take Inspiration - When given the leopard print skirt, I think of an animalistic look. So to go with that inspiration, I used a fur scarf to compliment the look. Always take inspiration of the item at hand and make a creation out of it.

Step 5: Designer Accessories Are As Powerful As Designer Dresses - Using designer accessories with your regular clothes can add a feel that is effortlessly chic. You give a very stylish look that seems like you didn't have to try to make look good. The style came from the heart.

I hope that you can all use these steps to incorporate the new DKNY into your wardrobe. It is a lot easier when you have a vision at hand. Because with a vision comes growth, and with growth comes power.

Share:

9 comments

Anonymous said...

I don't know if I like this one as much.
For one I don't really like the outfits.
But you have good tips.
Good job and good luck

kristintholl said...

Mmm i like the idea but i think its to much keep it shorter ,

Unknown said...

umm.. I didn't like the first outfit or the third and I agree with kristintholl, keep it shorter.

melinablogs said...

I like some of the steps, good incorporation issue,

Jess24 said...

I really do like this one
You gave good tips and the outftis go well. I love the first and fourth outfits.

I personally liked the length. I think its better to give too much than too little. And I enjoyed reading about it. Very original :)

Anonymous said...

I think most of the outfits were pretty good but i liked the 4th one the most.
I have seen better from you though.

Anonymous said...

I think you make the best outfits out of the writers

sd_is_da_best / Sinead said...

You are now officially my favourite writer on this blog.

DeSushiTimes said...

I think it's great you make posts that are a bit longer! makes it much more useful and fun :D

© PRACTICE BLOG | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig