Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Style Tip 2

Style Tip Number 2 is to coordinate colors/ don't go overboard on the colors and patterns of your outfit.
With all the clothes to choose on Stardoll it may be overwhelming to look your best, so I am here to help. If you are a beginner stylista, include one bold, detailed, or are "pop" clothing item in your outfit, with the rest of the clothes in your outfit neutral colors, or a color(s) that go with or are in your bold piece. (Ex. The bold skirt below has hints of black in it, so i used a black top).

Here are some other key tips I advise you to follow:
-If you are wearing a bold/detailed top, wear a bottom of a 1 solid color, or a very light pattern. Your shoes can be bold too.

-If you are wearing a bold/detailed bottom wear a solid color or a very light pattern on top, and wear a neutral color shoe.
-If you are wearing a jacket and a top/dress, have one of them(top or jacket) pop, and the other be more subtle.
-Combine different shades of one color in an outfit

Here are Superstar Outfits using the above Tips:


Here are Non-Superstar Outfits using the above tips:


Stay tuned for the next edition of Style Tip: Accesories

Share:

7 comments

Anonymous said...

That advise is fantastic! 5/5 More power and God bless!

DeSushiTimes said...

The advice you give is pretty good but the outfits you make aren't that pretty...

Chicago3 said...

Joyce, I am only allowed a limited number of clothing items to choose from in the shop, because I would like to choose clothes that people could buy if they like it, so some of the stuff isn't going to be liked by everyone. Thanks for the feedback though, I aprreciate it :)

sd_is_da_best / Sinead said...

Very good advice but I'm sorry I do have to agree with Joyce.. some of the outfits aren't pretty but some are really fashionable! I love your 4th outfit with pink skirt at the top.

sd_is_da_best / Sinead said...

I think it's really good that you didn't get angry at Joyce some other people just don't take constructive criticsm very well.

greenground said...

I also like this idea.
For the first outfits with the pink skirt I don't see so much difference between them... except some details on the tops. There you could have shown more variety.
For the second part of your post, I think it would have been better to see one example of an outfit according to each of your styling rules.
So it's better to understand what you mean.
Besides that I liked it :)

Chicago3 said...

Thanks guys for the comments! For the next style tip I will tryto listen to these tips :)

© PRACTICE BLOG | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig